Wednesday, May 27, 2009

One Step at a Time

Nolan took his first step yesterday afternoon. Considering this child didn't crawl until right before 11 months, I figured he'd be 2 before he was walking. But he's going zero to 60 real quick. He's been getting into a standing position without holding on to anything for a few days. So yesterday Ryan and I were in the backyard with the kids and Nolan was sitting on the patio and got into a standing position all by himself. No sooner did I say to Ryan, "he's gonna start walking any day" did he take his first step! He did it a few more times throughout the night, but no more than one step at a time. These were a few pics I took this morning... He was climbing up this slide so I went to get my camera to take a pic and he wouldn't do it anymore but he still looked cute so I snapped away

I was wanting to get a pic of him just standing and to my surprise he took a step right as I was taking this pic, not that you can tell but really he did!

Riding this cute little firetruck that he got for his birthday

So handsome, and sooo big!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats awesome...wow that was quick!! go nolan...hope the rolls dont go to fast tho i lv um!

Margaux and Danny said...

he is loosing his chubby'ness! what a cutie pie

Mommy To Jace and Jaden said...

He looks so cute in these pics!! Jaden is so close to walking too. She takes a few steps here and there but as soon as she knows we are trying to encourage her to walk she refuses to do it. I should maybe be thankful that she is not walking yet because that just means all the more she will be able to get in to.

Jenni said...

What a big boy! He looks like he has thinned out a lot too! I usually say that your kids look like you, however today I have to go with Ryan on this one!

Candis said...

What a big boy!!
Camden just started standing on her own this past week, and has taken a couple steps, but gets scared & falls on her butt pretty quick. I think I'd rather have her crawling as long as possible, because I do enough CHASING as it is!
Our babies are growing up WAYYY too quickly. : (

Garrett Family said...

Okay I may have a double comment post on this one. I just typed out a comment and something weird happened?!

That is so awesome, he is such a big boy now. You are in for it with 2 toddlers. Jay wipes me out. You are definitely a SUPER mommy.
I agree with everyone that those chubs are going bye-bye