I'd have to say that the kids bday party this past Sunday was a huge success. There were so many people here. Though I'm really bitter about only ONE of many of my west side friends actually making it, I'm not sure where I would have put that many more people. Now that I think about it, there was also only ONE of my west side friends that made it to my 30th birthday party in Feb. I think that should probably tell me something - like to stop driving to the f'in west side so damn much. But either way, Ryan's friends and their families always pull through, as they did on Sunday and the kids had a great time with their little friends. Which I suppose is really what matters. They got completely spoiled. I underestimated how much they would be getting by having that many people here. There was an overwhelming amount of presents to open. But then, this was their last bday party for a few years. I personally don't really think it's necessary to have a big bday party for every kid every year. It's a little much and doesn't teach them to appreciate the things that they do have. That's just what I think anyway. Sometimes I get frustrated having to drive an hour to a friends house for every one of their kids bday parties every single year so I don't want to have to do that to them. Oh wait, they don't come anyway.
My oldest brother, Sean
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
well im glad the party was a hit .. again sorry i couldnt make it.....looks like nolan enjoyed those cupcakes! and kylees dress was so cute! and ur shirt was super cute too
looks like a HUGE party and lots of fun! they got a TON of gifts! too bad yer buds couldnt come - that sucks. we would have been there even if we were 80 miles away. thats a party you had planned dang it! i guess when you grow old you find out who really cares. i know we have learned that too :)
congrats on a sucessful party!
You know I would have been there if it had not been for Jaden's baptism..actually even if she was not baptized we may not have made it. Jace woke up Sunday morning with a 103 degree fever and nasty cough and had to miss his sister's baptism. My Dad stayed home with him because the poor guy was so sick. He is still sick and kept me up ALL night coughing. And hey....I am glad you gave me a shout out for making it to your 30th...I never would have missed it!! You are a great friend and I sure do wish we lived closer to each other. Miss you lots!! I will try calling you again tonight.
Also LOVE Kylee's bikini. She is such a little doll. Girls are seriously way too much fun to dress.
Well, not really sure how to comment on this one - other than, we would have been there if Chad's sister did not just return home from her mission in Paraguay. She has been gone for 18 months and was speaking in church and if you know Mormons - that is a big deal. So there was no way we could miss it and not be there to support her. We then went from church to Chad's mom's house for the open house. We didn't get home until almost 7:30 that night.
Please don't feel obligated to have to drive out here to my kids birthday parties and such.
Needless to say - your kids looked like they had a great party! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
OMG they look like they had a blast. You look beautiful BTW. Maybe we can get stationed back there someday and then you will be begging me to leave ;)
You & I seem to have much in common. Michael calls me "Mama Leopard" when people piss me off regarding my family (Michael/Camden/etc.) : )
I totally understand your frustration, and it stinks putting effort in & not receiving it in return.
Sorry, lady- but it really does look like the kiddos had fun & I hope they got some things they actually NEEDED.
Camden's party will be tough for me, because I JUST want it to be family & maybe close friends....but I think I will piss off some people who I don't invite. So, if I don't invite you & some other "Blog Buddies"- please know that it's really a financial thing, and I don't want people to feel obligated to go anyway. I hate drama- so it will be easier this way. : )
I am not sure what to say to this. You know Jearel and I were out of town. We planned that trip well before we even knew about their party. (we were at Kylee's last year and wouldn't have missed this). You are very good at always making the trip this way. It sounds like it was just bad timing from all your west side friends. I don't think you should take it so personal. I hope you know that if it wasn't for Jay HATING the car all her life we would come visit you more (we do have presents for both kiddos and want to come see you soon).
Also as far as your 30th, you know I would have been there if it wasn't for Jay's first birthday, babysitter, and school (I had on Saturday's mornings at that time). It is NEVER that easy for me to find a sitter for Jay since J works every Fri and Sat night.
It sounds like we missed out on alot of fun!! We will probably always throw big parties for Jay because we are big party throwers (if you know what I mean). I agree with Jenni, don't feel obligated to come, if it will only piss you off in the end (we always love having you). It was not intentional that we weren't there, it just didn't work out this year.
PS. You looked HOT!! I loved your shirt.
Oh and Kylee looked super cute in her swim suit!
Post a Comment