Friday, October 9, 2009

Big Toe

Last Saturday Kylee dropped a big ol' river rock on her big toe. It took about 20 seconds for her toe to double in size and I was worried it was broken so off to urgent care we went. After being there for 2 hours (!) they informed me that it's not broken but that they couldn't do anything for the lacerations because she was being so unruly. They said I had to take her to a pediatric one that was better equipped to handle her and could sedate her. So off to urgent care #2. Well, they didn't sedate her but they did strap her to a straight board to help keep her still. After being there for 2 hours (and me crying the whole time she was strapped down!) we walked away with 7 stitches on the tip of her big toe. She also completely severed her toenail all the way from one end to the other. The dr said there was nothing they could do about that, it would have to heal itself if it doesn't fall off in the meantime. My poor baby! She was so miserable. She couldn't even walk on it for 2 days cause it hurt her so bad. I still have it wrapped up like this, except at night when she's sleeping, to keep her from popping any stitches out. And because it just stopped bleeding yesterday. She hobbles along on it just fine now ;-)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no!!! thts so sad..i woulda balled too...poor wittle toe!

Candis said...

If this would've happened to Camden, I would've let her draw on the couch in whatever color pen she wanted! Haaa. Poor Kylee- talk about a rough week for her. I'm sure you're givin' her lots of extra lovin!

Margaux and Danny said...

what! this and the cough....oh poor kylee....