Sunday, April 26, 2009
Being a Mommy
NOLAN -
5 Things I could live without:
1. Feeding problems. Since he came a little early, I have had feeding problems with him since day 1 and I don't see it getting better any time soon. It's very expensive and frustrating. I'm sure he's frustrated too.
2. Neediness. He is soooo needy. He can not entertain himself for more than 2 minutes. He has to be around mommy or daddy at all times, mostly in our arms. He's too damn heavy for that! I can't understand why he's like that, Kylee wasn't.
3. Sleep. This child STILL does not sleep through the night. He's up twice a night, yep 2 times. And he's up for the day at 5am.
4. Bouncing. He was never a big fan of the rocker to get him to sleep. He's more of a bouncer. Mommy has to stand up, hold him to my chest with his head to my collarbone/shoulder area and bounce him in my arms to get him to sleep. Though it's adorable, he weighs 25 pounds. Other than that I would love doing this.
5. Gimp leg. I hate that he drags a leg when he crawls. I thought it was going to go away when he got better at crawling. Instead, he's just adapted to it and drags it all the time now.
5 Things that I couldn't live without:
1. Cuddle bug. This baby loves to give hugs and kisses. If I would let him, he would hang from my neck all day. And he nibbles on me constantly. I LOVE it.
2. Laughing. The infectious laugh that lights up his whole face. He belly laughs all the time.
3. Carseat. I love that I have never had a problem with him in his carseat. I'm not sure I've ever gotten a peep out of him in the car. If you had any idea how bad I had it with Kylee for a loooooong time, you could appreciate how happy I am that Nolan is nothing like that.
4. Errands. How easy he is to take with me anywhere. He's so fantastic in public. And such an attention - getter. He never complains about having to run errands with mommy. Again, if you had any idea how shitty Kylee is to take on errands then you could appreciate how good I have it with Nolan.
5. Laidback. Just how laidback he is in general. This kid is happy doing anything, anywhere (as long as mommy and daddy are close!).
KYLEE -
5 Things I could live without:
1. Miss Independence. She has to do EVERYTHING by herself. But she's not that big of a girl yet to be doing most of the things she wants to do by herself. It's quite a struggle and often brings on a hell of a fit.
2. Restraint. She hates everything that restrains her... carseat, stroller, booster seat, wagon, monkey leash. Doesn't matter. If it has straps she hates it.
3. Ear piercing. The ear piercing shriek. For the love of god, I don't know how I'm not deaf yet. And from what I understand, it just gets louder until they're about 3 or so.
4. Late nights. She's up until 10:30 every night. I can't figure out why she does this. After the 2nd day of doing this, I started waking her up early in the mornings and waking her up early from her naps and she still does it. It's like she's set on an egg-timer for 10:30pm.
5. Communication. There's a huge communication barrier between her and us. She doesn't talk yet and it's extremely frustrating on both sides. Thankfully for me I'm VERY patient with her until I figure out what needs to happen to rectify a situation. Unfortunately, that takes a long time sometimes and she's quite unruly until I get it.
5 Things I couldn't live without:
1. Cheese face. I absolutely love her cheese face. I hope she never stops and does this in her wedding pictures.
2. Greeting. The greeting I get everytime I walk in the door from being gone somewhere.
3. Miss Independence. It is just as amazing as it is frustrating. I think this is a fantastic trait and says a whole lot about how she's going to be when she's older.
4. Eagerness. She wants to help me and daddy do everything - cooking, cleaning, building, fixing. Though it can get annoying at times, it is sooooo stinkin cute. She thinks there's nothing she can't do. I hope she's always going to want to be a part of what we do.
5. Sibling love. I love how much she loves Nolan. She gets all upset if I don't include him in things we do. She snuggles him (just him) all day and gives him lots of hugs and kisses. She always wants to take care of him - feed him, change him, soothe him. She's like a little mama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
how precious! such a sweet post!
awww love this post!! i lv that ree is such a good errand runner too cuz id die...im on the go constantly....nolan is a handsome little fella im sure he gets tons of attention!!! and kylee u can tell she will b everyones friend...to adorable...cant wait to till the boys go rididng and we get to veg and play n the water with the kiddos...!! fun!! oh and hv couple cocktails prob wouldnt hurt hehehhe xoxooxox
that is so cute - and i cant believe you got all the time to type it!
Ohh, I'm so glad you ended up doing this post! I loved reading the differences between the 2 kids.
My faves were: Kylee's "Cheese face" & Nolans snuggles/nibbles!
Camden reminds me SO much of Kylee. In fact, if our next kid isn't a snuggler (I don't care if it's a boy or girl)--but MUST be a CUDDLER...or else!
Post a Comment