I suppose I hadn't blogged about it in a while, but Kylee did end up getting accepted into a preschool program through our school district for her speech delay. Her delay was considered significant enough that she goes to preschool at the school in our subdivision for three days a week from 8am to 11am. She goes for the whole school year, same as the rest of the elementary school and then she'll get evaluated at the end to see if she qualifies for another year. She and I were both super excited when she started this week. It's considered year round and goes from July thru next May. For some reason school didn't start until Tuesday so she only got to go for two days this week. I was happy and sad of course. She's a big girl now but still so little, you know? I am very happy that she has an opportunity for preschool though. I think it's a fantastic step for her, one she definitely needs. And I am grateful for the opportunity to spend some time alone with Nolan... or maybe just the chance to have three hours a day with NO screaming, yelling, kicking, pushing, hitting? I suppose it's a toss up?!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
so exciting! such an emotional day for mommies, i swear! i remember teaching kindergarten and having to give big hugs to the mamma's who had big crocodile tears letting their babies go for the first time! it definitely makes it easier when they love it so much!
she looks adorable - lovin' the side pony!
hope she learns a ton and it helps with her speech!
omg she looks so grown!!!!! i lv her outfits! avery has that first shirt/dress!!!!
this is so exciting!!!
this is goin to b such a big step for her learning!! go kylee!!!
ohhh, what a bitter-sweet post. You'll have to do one about your quality time alone with Nolan too!
Kylee looked adorable both days- loving the side pony & cute flats!
i love the polka dot dress/shirt day 1....think they make it in my size?
awww i bet she is having fun and will really help. keep us posted on the progress!!
She looks so cute! Hope she is still loving it!
Post a Comment