Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New House

After looking at many houses and much deliberation, we finally put an offer in on a home a couple days ago. And here it is. It is in Queen Creek unfortunately, but it'll only be for a few years and then we'll be back in Gilbert to stay. The house is a short sale, but had an "already approved" price through the lein holder so we're told it shouldn't be too long before we hear back. The seller's agent was convinced our offer was good enough for the bank to accept so we're hoping to close soon. It's soooo nice. 2900sf 3 bed/3 full bath with a loft (future play room) and a den (future office), there is a 3 car garage but it's tandem (see pic below). We are still looking at others though, just in case.
here's the front of the house. ummm, the grass isn't that green right now, ha!
pretty tile work. almost the whole bottom level has this beautiful slate (?!) tile.

i love this fantastic kitchen

with beautiful 42" cherry wood cabinets

an awesome cherry wood railing

the great room that will soon have matching wood floors to the railing

the backyard is a little bit on the small side with no pool. but the large covered patio was very important to me

tandem garage for ryan's trailer (one side is double the length)

I can't wait to hear back from the bank! When we were leaving from looking at it, two of the female neighbors came over to introduce themselves (still haven't met my current neighbors of 2.5 years!) and was telling us that the whole neighborhood is full of kids. And that when the weather is nice all the moms go outside together with their kids. And also said that they all watch each other's kids when they need them to (WHAT?!). And also said that they shut down the street and do block parties! I think we hit neighborhood lottery and Ryan about had a stroke (if you know Ryan at all, you know what I mean). There's also an elementary school in the subdivision a few blocks away. I totally hope we get this house.

9 comments:

Margaux and Danny said...

yay!!! i love the kitchen too! sounds awesome. Its a shame about all the foreclosures and short sales right now but just means people can get some great places cheap - like you guys! love it! Im sure you'll be in it by january so cant wait to come visit!

Margaux and Danny said...

ps...do NOT put dark hardwood down. It looks great but the second you mop it - its dirty, you see everything . believe me...we laid 1000sq ft and I want to rip it out. i mop every week and sweep almost daily.

Anonymous said...

its amazing...i hope u do too...tht kitchen is gorgeous!!! cant wait to come visit!!! even tho its in china lol....who cares tho is beautiful...yay!

Candis said...

The Built-in Baby-Sitters would have SEALED the deal for me!! (I know Ryan will shy away at 1st- but he may come to love it too!) hee hee
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys for either this house or 1 that suits your family. : )

Hayley said...

Margaux have you tried using vinegar and water? I heard it works great google it.

Colleen that house is nice!! I would be scared of the stairs you are a brave girl!

keep us posted, and are you gonna keep the other house too?

Jenni said...

House is beautiful! Hope you get it for sure!

The Bauer Family said...

Beautiful! I agree below, we have cherry wood hardwood flooring in our current home and I HATE IT!!! I have to clean them at least once a week and they never look perfect, they only looked good right after the house was built (3 years ago) ours are real wood and everything Cade drops like a heavy toy on them 9 times out of 10 it dents the floor......

FULL HOUSE said...

OMG-Gorgeous and Huge!!! How exciting!!! Kids will be exploring for days!!! Good Luck-Keep us posted!!!

PS-You look fantastic-saw the pics from Camille's house-You hottie!

Candis said...

I'm sure your question about Camden's softball shirt was probably rhetorical! haa But to answer it anyway, Michael designed the team logo & had shirts printed for all the players as well as any wives/girlfriends/babies who wanted them!