Tuesday, August 18, 2009

On The Hunt

It's official! We're going to be moving soon. I just got the phone call with the approval for a 2nd home loan. All the crap I talk about Ryan being a penny pincher and not ever letting me spend money on anything, but I guess it pays off. With Ryan's credit and the money he has stashed away, he was able to get approved for a whole other home. That was the reasoning for the Trailblazer, we were able to keep all the money we made off the Tahoe to put towards a new house. Unfortunately, the house is going to be in Queen Creek ;-(

Basically, our mortgage is too high and our house is too small. We can get a huge, really nice house in Queen Creek and have a mortgage half the size it is now. We have a budget, which is half of what we paid for this house, and seriously we can double what we have for that. I am sad though. I really don't want to live that far. Neither one of us do. But it's the best decision for us financially because it's the 1st step of a 7 year plan: we really want our kids to grow up in Gilbert but are stuck in a house that we owe too much on and is too small for us. Ryan, being as disciplined as he is when it comes to money, will be able to put the difference in the mortgages in the bank for the next 7 years. Plus everything else that he saves, and then we can buy our dream home in Gilbert. We want the kids to go to the same school throughout their school years with the same kids. As long as we can get them in the neighborhood we want them to be in by late elementary school for Kylee, then I'll be happy.

Now the fun part: HOUSE HUNTING!

4 comments:

Margaux and Danny said...

woo hoo!! that is the fun part!!!! congrats!

Anonymous said...

good for u guys!!! o well if its far u have ur family and a plan and thts all tht matters...so happy for u!!

Jenni said...

happy house hunting!

Candis said...

Welp, I'm sad you'll live even FURTHER away, but if/when you start working- maybe we can have those lunch dates you mentioned in the post above? I work in the East Valley once or twice a week (mainly in Chandler.) I LOVE the Chandler Mall too (hint, hint.) : )

CONGRATS on the approval- those can be rare these days!