Friday, August 21, 2009

Day #1

Daddy's out of town (again) until Sunday so I did my best to keep the kiddos entertained all day today. We had so much fun. I don't often take them places by myself, it is not fun to trying to keep them in one place together! But I did just that because I wanted to have fun with them so I just prepared myself for the complete chaos that comes along with it, ha! I have proven to myself today that it is absolutely impossible to keep my two eyes on the both of them at all times. Kylee thinks she's a bigger girl than she is and can roam free at all times, very frustrating. Though I don't want Kylee to grow up too fast, I often wish she was old enough already to know what's expected of her in public places. Having two little ones as young as they are is difficult outside the house. But the kiddos had a blast and are probably looking forward to our adventures tomorrow, not that I even know what they are yet. we read stories waiting for sissy to wake up, this is Nolan reaching for his books

sitting so nice for mommy to read to him


then he got distracted by the camera

when Kylee woke up, I painted her toenails. and yes, that's pen marks on my couch - don't ask

and painted her fingernails

after breakfast I took them to the big park at the subdivision next to ours - they were in heaven!

gettin it done

flushed cheeks - it was too damn hot

such a big girl - what happened to my baby?

hi kylee!
Then we headed home for lunch time and much needed nap time. After Nolan's unusually long nap, we headed to the mall to play in the playground and the splash pad.


what you don't see in this pic is that Kylee just kicked Nolan down the steps

taking turns

being bigger than his britches

he LOVED the splash pad

happy Kylee

having so much fun

they had both slipped. it was really slippery, wonder why?


after the splash pad, we went over to Auntie Anne's to get a pretzel with cheese for a snack

yummy pretzel

then it was off to home to take a bath and eat dinner. And now both kids are asleep, yippie! It was a great day and I'm happy that they had so much fun. Now I'm deciding what we're going to do tomorrow.

5 comments:

Margaux and Danny said...

oh man colleen - they are too cute together! nolan is such a little guy now! i love that! sounds like a great day. where'd ryan go? getting a little time in before he has to play nurse and housewife starting next week?

Candis said...

Good of you to get out with both of them. I know how hard it is with ONE- so I give you full props. : )
That splash pad looks awesome, because there seemed to be some actual shade? Most of the ones I've found have little to NO shade, and that is just blasphemous in AZ! haa

Jenni said...

what a day! glad you were able to get out with both of them...i know how stressful that is for you!

Anonymous said...

omg i adore the pic of them in the tub!!!! sooooooo fricken cute....i lv kylees piggies...looks like a fun day!

FULL HOUSE said...

Love all your pics!!! Looks like u always enjoy your children. They are beautiful and growing up so fast. Hope you are well.
Jenn